Saturday, April 18, 2009

Gearing up for Earth Day (April 22)

I have been looking for some fun stuff to celebrate Earth Day with Ella and there is a lot of good stuff out there. I found this website which is really terrific, put together by a group called Kids for Saving the Earth. Lots of fun facts and activities to do with and teach your children.

The key is to teach our children to reduce, reuse and recycle. The message is simple and catchy.

Another great website is called Planet Pals and it also has lots of info and activities that are worth sharing.

Ella really wants to plant some things in our backyard and I will admit that I do not have a green thumb. But after all that I am reading about people growing vegetables at home, I am thinking that this might be worth trying. I have an irrigation system and a lot of sun exposure so hopefully I can make something grow! More to come on that...

No comments: