Friday, May 29, 2009

Caramel Filled Cupcakes

There was yet another party at Ella's school this week. Rather than sending along another boring vanilla cupcake, I decided to jazz it up a bit and create something that she would be dying to sink her teeth into. I made a batch of homemade caramel sauce (not the best thing for a gal who is trying to avoid dairy). But I made it as a gift for one of her teachers who LOVES the stuff. Anyway, I had a little left over so I took a melon-baller and scooped out the top and center of a wheat-free vanilla cupcake. I poured about 2 teaspoons of the gooey confection into the hole, and filled it back up again with the cake that had been removed. And then I frosted it with vanilla butter cream and sprinkled white chocolate chips and Valrhona chocolate sprinkles over the top. She loved it. And yes, I broke my diet by also making one for myself. Not too big to admit it. And guess what? No regrets!

No comments: