Wednesday, August 25, 2010

To Microwave or Not? That is the question...



For years, friends have been telling me how bad microwaving food can be for your health. When Ella was a baby, I had a strict "no microwave" policy. No doubt I have annoyed many family members by asking to use one of their pans, rather than sticking a plate in the microwave. As time has gone on, I have gotten much more lax... as much as I hate to admit it. After all, there is a reason why microwaves are a busy mom's best friend. But I read this article today on the HuffingtonPost and now I am thinking about going back to my original policy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, something else too worry about. I never had a microwave growing up. I have one now that I received as a wedding shower gift, it's quite big. I always thought they were bad. I never cook in it, but I do occassionally defrost or heat something especially during the summer. It's too hot to always turn on the oven just to heat something up. I have been thinking of getting rid of it. One reason it would clear up some counter space which is good when your kitchen is small. After reading this, I think it may be time for it to go. Although, I'll have to convince my husband that yes we can live without it.

Thanks for the link to the article.

Linda