Friday, July 31, 2009

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

I got the recipe for this cake from "Gluten-Free Baking" with the Culinary Institute of America. Earlier in the week I had used half of a can of sliced pineapple to make a slow cooker chicken dish. Since I had the other half of a can to use up, I figured what would be better than a pineapple upside-down cake? So I made this when Ella was at school. Let me tell you, it was a hit! Milo was begging me for a piece as soon as it came out of the oven. And Gabe and I really enjoyed it, as well. The caramelization comes from using lots of butter and brown sugar, so it is heavenly. No one will know that it does not have wheat flour in it. Sorry that I am not posting the recipe, as I do not want to get in trouble with the cookbook's authors but I will say that it took a lot longer to set than the book suggests. They said that it should cook for 30 minutes but this cake was in the oven for about 45 minutes. Such a great dessert, not a crumb will remain on the plate if you decide to make it!

No comments: