Friday, June 26, 2009

Nothing new to report...

So all of that dreading I did yesterday was unnecessary. Our doctor wanted to give Milo his Hib vaccine and opted to wait on the MMR. She didn't want him to get too many shots today. So we will have to return sometime before he turns 2 in October. Phew! Well, sort of.

She wants me to reconsider the whole Titer's test. She said that she is almost certain that Ella will need the booster, regardless. So rather than putting her through both annoyances, why not just get the booster? Well, I was was not convinced. She tried with all of her might but was unable to sway me. I told her that I would need to discuss everything with my husband; let him make the decision that I am too afraid to make. So we talked about it and he has decided that she SHOULD get the booster. We both really trust our doctor. She is amazing. She has been pretty spot on with everything about the children and since she feels that this booster is so important, even considering Ella's situation, we feel like we should take notice. I will still be praying that this is the right thing, but it helps to have a partner is decisive in this matter. The fact is that there are often outbreaks in our area of the diseases that the vaccine is meant to protect the kids from. It is all a lot like playing craps in Vegas. Fingers are crossed that everything will be okay (again...)

Hopefully I will soon get back to my regular blog entries, and steer this away from the MMR forum that it has turned into. Thank you for reading, nonetheless...

No comments: