Monday, January 12, 2009

Sandwich time


Now that I have returned to my domestic duties, full-time, my oven is getting lots of use. Ella requested her favorite wheat-free french bread this morning. I was happy to oblige. But waiting for the dough to rise and bake is a bit of an orchestration for me, while chasing Milo around. He has turned into a climbing and boundary testing maniac. Luckily, it all worked out and everyone was happy with the results. Ella enjoyed having a real sandwich at lunch (adios, rice cakes!) In fact, she dusted off an entire loaf today between lunch and dinner. Looks like I will be making more tomorrow.
My Mom is getting me a bread machine with a gluten-free setting and I cannot wait for that baby to arrive! It might just give my slow cooker a run for its money...

No comments: