Wednesday, September 8, 2010

CeraVe


There is a wonderful product out there called CeraVe. We have used it for a couple of years now to combat Ella's eczema. A friend told me about it after it helped her daughter with chronic itchy skin. Recently, our allergist suggested that we moisturize Milo each night after his bath. He has never had eczema, per se, but he often gets mysterious rashes in random areas of his skin. So we decided to try the CeraVe on him. She also suggested that we stop using fabric softener sheets, even the ones that are "free" of chemicals and allergens.

It has been close to a month now and he has been rash free. His skin is as soft as it was when he was first born. I like this lotion because it is light and fragrance free. There is no greasy residue and it doesn't take a lot of work to apply it to the skin. (Unlike his sunscreen which seems to take the better part of forever for his skin to absorb it.)

Lately, I have been feeling like my skin looks like the Mojave Desert. Maybe it is because I am getting older; maybe it is all those years I spent on the beach. So I decided to try the CeraVe, for me. I usually apply it right after I get out of the shower or bath when my skin is still a bit dewey. It seems to be helping quite a bit. We use the kind that comes in a pump and we buy it at our local Rite-Aid. It is a little more expensive than other lotions, but I think the benefits outweigh the higher price tag.

If you have had eczema or dry skin and have not had any success with other lotions, I would highly recommend CeraVe.

*Note: I do not make money off of any of the products that I promote. If I find something to be exceptional, I like to share the information. Particularly to those who suffer from allergies/food allergies.

No comments: