Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Roast Chicken with Brioche Stuffing a la Martha

Some people watch Oprah but I am a true Martha Stewart devotee. A new season of her show started yesterday and they made this chicken. It looked so good that I had to try it myself, with a wheat-free/gluten-free twist. I have to say that it is the best roasted hen that I have ever made. Far from low-fat, but completely delicious. Instead of the brioche, I used a gluten and wheat-free egg bread that I had made this weekend for the crumbs. I tore the bread into small bits and pulsed them in a food processor until very fine and then toasted them in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes until they started to turn golden. This is really quite easy, just a little time consuming because the bird needs to chill in the fridge after it has been prepared.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/chicken-with-brioche-stuffing?autonomy_kw=brioche%20stuffed%20chicken

No comments: