Monday, December 14, 2009

Too many things to do, so little time

Forgive me, loyal readers for I have been so busy lately and neglectful. As it happens, decorating a top TV show for one of the world's best known chefs can be quite time consuming. Not that I am complaining because I love, love, LOVE my job. All I do is drive around and spend other people's money. And then bring it back to the stage and exercise my creative muscles. It is really quite wonderful. But I have been going crazy with blog ideas and topics and yearning for a moment to type some things out. When I work, life feels like it is spinning twice as fast. No different than any other working parent feels, just adding to the madness is the additional challenge of feeding Ella. And with the holidays in full swing, there are even more hurdles to jump over. Thankfully, I have my trusted arsenal of cookbooks. Anything that I cannot find there I am able to hunt down on the Internet. Today we had a bit of an emergency, as my husband told me that Ella needed to bring some wheat free cookies to school so that she could decorate them with her classmates. (He had been told about this on Thursday and had forgotten to mention it to me). So I quickly whipped up a batch of sugar cookie dough and hustled some of it into the oven. Phew! Crisis averted.

My oven will be burning constantly come Saturday. That is when I am on holiday hiatus and will dive into my annual baking session. On the roster this year will be rum balls, almond cookies, sugar cookies, truffles, peppermint bark and cornflake wreathes. Some of that will be Ella safe, some of it will not. But it should be fun, nonetheless.

Here's to staying happy, healthy and sane over the next few weeks. Good luck with all that you have to do!

No comments: