Friday, February 27, 2009

Oatmeal Cookies!

Baking, always baking over here at Casa de Miller. This week I have been whipping up some oatmeal cookies. A friend hosted a CPR class at her home and I decided to bring some cookies. Since two of my friends, who were set to attend, have either wheat or gluten allergies I decided to make two batches: one that contained wheat flour and one that did not. Both are photographed. It is hard to tell which is which. Both recipes have unique ingredients to make them stand out. The gluten-free version had ginger in them. The cookies with wheat flour contained shredded coconut and maple syrup. Both were well received, thankfully. If you are interested in the recipes, I got them from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook and Gluten-Free Baking Classics. And don't forget the milk!

No comments: