Monday, October 13, 2008

CAKE!

Milo turned 1 this weekend. And since we are still not sure if he is allergic to any foods, I am keeping him on the same diet as Ella. Including the wheat-free diet. So I whipped up a little cake for him to enjoy. It was my first attempt at a layered Gluten-Free cake, complete with buttercream. This one was yellow cake, with vanilla buttercream frosting, chocolate whipped cream and bananas. Both kids seemed to enjoy it, thankfully. Actually, it rivaled other wheat versions that I have made over the years. Definitely will make it again. Next time, I will allow for more frosting as this cake required a nice, crumb coat. Something about the rice and tapioca flours, I guess. I am planning on making other versions in the coming weeks. Photos to follow...

No comments: