Sunday, October 11, 2009

Milo turned Two!



Ella wanted to do one thing for Milo's birthday... decorate his cake. So who am I to put a lid on creativity? I happily whipped up a wheat/gluten free vanilla sheet cake and let her decorate until the cows came home. I am a proud mother, clearly. But she is only 4 so this cake is pretty darn impressive. It has a Sesame Street theme. I had made twice as much buttercream as I needed, in case we had to do some emergency retouching. But none was needed. In the spirit of disclosure, I admit to doing the balloons and Oscar's trash can. (Without a doubt, the weakest parts of the design.) Because Milo does not appear to have any food allergies
, I whipped up some pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, as the boy LOVES pumpkin. And I also made some chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream. Lots of happy faces, which made my day.
Happy birthday, Milo Baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is one great looking cake!!. More special than one from a bakery..

Linda (NJ)