Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fun things you can make with a box of GF cake mix...

I have been busy, VERY busy. In my arsenal of allergy friendly cookbooks, I have several great recipes that I could not live without. But there are days when I don't even have time for those. So I have been keeping boxes of GF cake mix on hand for anything that might come up. There are several companies that make these mixes and most seem to be quite good. But if you add a few extra ingredients like chopped fruit or orange juice, you will be thrilled at what can be created. And if you use the cake in unusual ways, like in a trifle or dipped in chocolate you would be hard pressed to find someone who would turn their nose up at the end result. Here are a few things that I have made in the past few months for a wide variety of Ella's activities. Tea parties, play dates and even a dessert for a grandparent visit. Everyone was clamouring to get to these bad boys. Hopefully you will be inspired to stock up on a GF mix, or two...


Impromptu play date activity... Cherry Chip Cupcakes


Ice Cream Cake, GF Cake layered with mint chip ice cream


Trifles! Sweet, glorious trifles!


Petit Fours, for taking to a little girl's birthday party


Miniature Cupcakes with Strawberry Whipped Cream Frosting

No comments: